Dan and Carole's Excellent Adventure

Mexico IS a different place. It is not the Southwestern US. This is a blog about our lives here in The Lakeside area of Ajijic and Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico since we retired here in September of 2010. It will be about daily/weekly things we experience along with occasional trips.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Tanager


We seem to have a new visitor these days. I believe that this is a Western Tanager. It's beautiful, of course! It sits, very briefly on the telephone pole support cables that run just in front of our terrace. I haven't seen the Vermillion Flycatcher since I posted it's picture here on the blog. Don't know where he and his girls went, but this bird is a beautiful stand in. Ohh, I just noticed, there's a Violet Crested Hummingbird to the right of the Tanager. They are so common here. Even when they are close up you can't see their violet "caps", the top of their head. You can see it when you look at them through binoculars with them facing you with the sun on them, and then IT LIGHTS UP! Wow! I've never seen birds like this is my whole life in any place that I have ever lived, only when I went to the mountains. This is only one of the small perks of living here. It may not mean much to most of you, but it's the little things in life that tweak Carole and me.




Posted by Chapala Dan and Carolina at 8:37 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (7)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ▼  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ▼  February (15)
      • White Amaryllis
      • Laura's Kitchen
      • White Pelicans
      • Art 3 Chili Cookoff
      • Art 2 Chili Cookoff
      • Art Chili Cookoff
      • Chili Cookoff
      • Red Rose
      • Pink Rose
      • Yellow-Pink Hibicus
      • TUCK
      • Tequila
      • Telmex
      • Hooded Oriole
      • Tanager
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (10)
    • ►  December (10)

About Me

My photo
Chapala Dan and Carolina
View my complete profile
Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.