Dan and Carole's Excellent Adventure

Mexico IS a different place. It is not the Southwestern US. This is a blog about our lives here in The Lakeside area of Ajijic and Chapala, Jalisco, Mexico since we retired here in September of 2010. It will be about daily/weekly things we experience along with occasional trips.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hooded Oriole


I was on bird patrol yesterday hoping to get a better shot of the Tanager. I was standing in the driveway looking around the tree tops when I saw this large reddish "something" at the top of a two story Bottle Brush tree right next to our side patio. I got this great shot! The bird didn't move and so the picture is crisp and clear. Wow, what a gift. I love the 12x telephoto on my Panasonic Lumix camera! This bird also likes our rear neighbor's vine covered chain link fence, but it's difficult to get a good shot of the bird when he's there. As I've mentioned before, I'm tweaked by little things...


Posted by Chapala Dan and Carolina at 10:40 AM
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Followers

Blog Archive

  • ►  2013 (7)
    • ►  March (6)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (3)
    • ►  January (3)
  • ▼  2011 (42)
    • ►  December (4)
    • ►  October (3)
    • ►  September (3)
    • ►  June (2)
    • ►  May (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ▼  February (15)
      • White Amaryllis
      • Laura's Kitchen
      • White Pelicans
      • Art 3 Chili Cookoff
      • Art 2 Chili Cookoff
      • Art Chili Cookoff
      • Chili Cookoff
      • Red Rose
      • Pink Rose
      • Yellow-Pink Hibicus
      • TUCK
      • Tequila
      • Telmex
      • Hooded Oriole
      • Tanager
    • ►  January (9)
  • ►  2010 (10)
    • ►  December (10)

About Me

My photo
Chapala Dan and Carolina
View my complete profile
Picture Window theme. Powered by Blogger.