Saturday, February 12, 2011

TUCK


Posted by PicasaTuck is Dianne's big boy horse! Dianne lives just to the West of us on the road in front of our place that goes to San Nicolas. He finds a way out of his yard every once in awhile, wanders around looking for something to eat. This is a small patch of grass right in front of our place. Dianne wasn't home but the security guard knew of another horse owner and called and alerted her. Dianne's Canadian friend came down in her well used full size pickup and she, and Carole and I from upstairs kept an eye on Tuck and made sure that he didn't wander down to the main road to town. Dianne's friend kept trying to reach her on her cell...about 45 minutes Dianne answered, she was having a "spa day" in town but was on her way home. Dianne's other two, smaller horses, kept whinnying the whole time, wanting out too! By the time Dianne arrived, Tuck had wandered into the tall dried foliage, out of sight, adjacent to home. Dianne was wearing a short sundress and flipflops and really didn't want to go into the brush, and Tuck would not respond to being called. Dianne braved the dried brush and put a halter on him and led that bad boy home, Dianne looked like a child next to Tuck as she led him back home and to his companions.

Late at night when I am outside star-gazing I can hear the sounds of the adjacent neighborhood. Dogs barking, horses whinnying and cows mooing. I am looking up at the dark night sky filled with brilliant stars, smiling, content and so aware that I am not in Metro Phoenix...

No comments:

Post a Comment