Monday, February 21, 2011

Chili Cookoff


Posted by PicasaYesterday Carole was feeling better and we went to the last day of the three day annual chili cook off. There were booths of all kinds featuring arts, crafts and services. Carole is looking at the beautiful large scarves of this vendor. I bought her the one on display that she loved. It's the pink/gold/blue one on display just above her right shoulder. it was less than $10 USD. She's so easy to buy for. 

On this day the professionals were competing. There were only eight local restaurants competing this years. We sampled them all of course. I was conflicted between the samples from Laura's Kitchen (local Mexican) and Bubba's (from Dallas, TX) for 1st and 2nd place. I gave the nod to Laura's and Carole to Bubba's.  We've eaten at Bubba's and his pulled pork sandwich and BBQ sauce are excellent!  Now to go and find Laura's Kitchen in San Antonio today...mmm...win-win!

No comments:

Post a Comment