Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sunset

We had another beautiful sunset tonight over the lake. We luckily have so many, and the clouds look dramatic, me thinks. As I've mentioned before, living on the second floor for most of our time in Phoenix, our "views" prohibited our seeing sunsets. Now they are difficult to miss here! I am so grateful, but then I/we are so appreciative for this and so many little things.

Carole is so much better now. She seemed to turn the corner on this cold/cough "thing" about two days ago after suffering with it for close to four weeks. She has slept the last two nights all the way through without coughing her head off. The first night I think that she slept 11 hours! I was concerned about her getting pneumonia. I am SO glad that she is on the mend.

The other day I was musing to myself that it didn't seem that I was living in a "foreign" country. Yes, it's different and we are still adjusting and smiling about that process. The people "look" like us, lol. Yes, they speak espanol, but then we heard that where we lived in Phoenix.  What astounds me are the number of expats who have no desire to learn Spanish and who don't care much for Mexican food. These Americans are in luck however, as the number of eateries that cater to these expats and their American fare are the majority in Ajijic. As a matter of fact, one of the most popular restaurants among the expats is "Mom's".  To be fair, the food is good and she has cinnamon rolls to die for! but it's gringo food.

I'm waiting on my brother to get me a copy of my dad's birth record so that I may apply for Mexican citizenship. If he has an Affidavit of Birth instead of a birth certificate, it may not indicate that his parents were born in Mexico. Dad had security clearance from the FBI since he worked in aerospace on the Saturn Apollo project, and on occasion followed the rocket to, and worked at Cape Canaveral. The FBI must have a file on him, I just need his death certificate to initiate an FOIA request. I'll do that if the birth record doesn't work out.

Buenas Noches

No comments:

Post a Comment