This is a blow up of the max telephoto shot looking outside our kitchen window of a tulip tree. This bird loves the morning sun and comes out just after sunrise. The males are a beautiful bright red, you can't miss them. They are bigger than a finch but smaller than a robin. This guy and a girlfriend or two were coming out every morning for weeks.
One morning I was going to go out on the terrace and he was on one of the telephone pole support cables that run parallel to the ground and about 8 feet directly in front of our terrace. I stopped in my tracks and went to get my camera. I thought about shooting through the door's window, but no, I eased the door open took a step out, stopped, aimed my camera and fired away. Damn it! The early morning sun had changed the color and he moved. I captured a muddy rust colored fuzzy "something". I got this opportunity only one other time and he wouldn't be still for me. So, I've posted the best shot that I have taken. I did consider posting a web pic though. I haven't seen him or his girls in a couple of weeks ;-( but I'll be keeping an eye out for him...he's hard to miss.

No comments:
Post a Comment