Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Has Arrived

The purple blossoms of the Jacaranda, pronounced locally Ha-Cah-RAHN-Da are everywhere. There are some places where they line a street of two I am told. They are beautiful. Mexicans locally sweep the sidewalks and street every morning anyway, purple blossoms on the ground are not an issue.

The Primavera in the next foto is in the courtyard of a small inn tucked in amongst the small modest homes on this side street. The blossoms of the Primavera are either pink or a very bright yellow. Along the carretera (main roadway) about 15 miles from Ajijic on the way to Jocotepec are a Jacaranda
and a Primavera tight next to each other. The view is spectacular. I´ve forgotten again this year to go out there and get a picture. I´ll have to wait until next year...

Life in Mexico. About two years ago now an immigration law was passed. An expat had to get their visa renewed (paperwork in) by Nov. 9th last year to be under the old law. I got mine in Nov. 5th. I have been approved. I don´t have my card yet, because they have run out of the cards...this should take 2-3 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment